Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Bilge pump again

Had to replace the bilge pump (West Marine) and I picked up an electronic bilge switch with a 30 second timer, now just figure out the exact height of the electronic switch.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Icom IC-M710 Installed

We installed the Icom IC-M710 SSB a cruisers cell phone today, well I should say it just didn't happen today but over a period of months.  A cost of $1000 for the radio and $292.13 for the coax, etc...  It receives just fine but no SWR reading even though the automatic tuner is setup according to the automatic instructions, my SWR meter, that I inherited from my grandfather (Walter Grimmer, sure wish he was here to help me, he'd have it fixed in a jiffy) doesn't seem to pick it up when plugged in (broke???).  The bilge light comes on when transmitting, so it must be working according to everything I've read, lol!  I've listened to WWV in Fort Collins, CO; Mississippi; and Florida.

Monday, March 31, 2014

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

#326 Xenon Floating Electric Water Light

So all this needed was a fresh battery and a good cleaning.  This emergency light is a throwable in case of man overboard or woman overboard.  It is really bright too, now where did the world go.....

Monday, March 24, 2014


Replaced all bulbs on the lower half of the boat with LED's.  Marinebeam.com gave me a 10% discount for my "TARTAN" 37, that's the code on quotes he said it work for a month try it and see! Now, I'm sending the light(pun hint hint) member of the crew up to get the Trinav, Anchor, and Steaming light replaced with LED's. Wow what a difference!

The cool white in the foreground from marinebeam.com is nicer looking than the DR Led in the back.
Hmmm spares....

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Vernal Equinox Cruise

We sailed across Corpus Christi Bay to anchor in Ingleside Cove Anchorage.  Finally got Tammy's attention only after the dolphins left our vicinity, we think the momma was teaching the two babies to fish.  Then dinghied into Bahia Marina at Ingleside to hangout and have dinner with other Bay Yacht Club members. Got to see a demonstration of a Ham radio on S/V Remembrance, talking to Nebraska.  Met lots of members, now the remembering of names begin....hmmm or not!  Hamburgers were good!  Lots of conversation, what fun!  Enjoyed dinghying back in dark and running aground just once.  Heard a boat motor come up, woke up and saw they were fishing in the fog, so we did too.  No fish were harmed in this mornings incident!  Took our Commodores advice on the 2 coffee aweighing anchor and it went well.  Motored down La Quinta Channel to Corpus Christi Channel seeing dolphins at the junction.  Then the 27 knot winds, rain and three foot waves on the way back.  I motored halfway then Tammy motored the rest.  She saw dolphins, while she commanded, in our bow wave.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Corpus Christi Marina to Ingleside Cove Anchorage

Headed out about 8:00am for a sail to Ingleside Cove Anchorage...this is my first long trip in our sailboat Living and Loving Life...very excited...of course dolphins saw us safely off out of Corpus Christy Marina...launched head sail for awhile...heading across the bay enjoying dolphins, pelicans, and other birds...amazed at the big ships in the ship channel...saw fellow sailors heading to Ingleside Cove as well...cross ship channel and entered Cove at 3:18 pm and of course dolphins were there to meet us...successfully anchored and while Chris watched to make sure we we're secure I enjoyed viewing dolphins swimming, jumping and playing all around our boat...took a lot of videos but reduced it down to a few to post on FB...finally settled in for pizza lunch...now just lazing around getting ready to dingy over it Ingleside to meet up with Bay Yacht Club members for a gathering...staying the night on the hook...always sleep great...will head back to Corpus Christi in the morning...