Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Training Vessel

Tammy and I found a 25' 1978 Hunter in very nice shape for our training vessel.  We were looking for something quite a bit larger, but it spoke to us.  This should allow us to learn what size we really need.  It is currently in Corpus Christi, TX on the t-head there.  We will arrange the paperwork in another week when I'm off again and spend five days on her, seeing what she needs.  Also take the basic sailing course while were there.  We will keep it there until the end of March (slip is paid till then),  then see if were brave enough and the weather is good to move it to Kemah, TX.  Play awhile there and then move it too the Dallas / Fort Worth area and spend many days on call playing on the lakes around there.

2 comments:

  1. this is so exciting...as soon as I stepped on board and peeked inside and saw the cute little shutters...she called my name...I was hopeing she was speaking to Chris...and she was...we have alot to learn...but we are up for the adventure....can't wait to come back and make her offically ours and spend time getting to know her...Living and Loving Life...for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo.. you keep saying "She" which makes me think you have named it...so share that as well :) ..

    I am really excited and cannot wait to ride it. I am hoping that we will be able to take a ride on it when we come to TX.

    ReplyDelete