Friday, January 31, 2014

Day 1 L&LL move Corpus Christi

I'm moving to Corpus Christi, TX from Kemah, TX to hang out.  We left at 8:20 am and headed out down the Houston ship channel saw many big ships as we headed out into the Gulf of Mexico.  We went passed ship anchorage what a cool site.  I packed too much weight forward so we took some sea water over the bow into the chain plate cover.  I noticed quite a bit of water in the bilge, we were taking  a lot of water aboard!  So we headed into Freeport, TX...... In my research I found all 3 house batteries swollen and a sulfur egg smell below which we soon had a seasick crewman.

Portofino slip is empty now....

 

























 
 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys finally cast off. Good luck on your voyage As we know (now sailing toward the FL Keys), casting off is the hard part.

    ReplyDelete